Skip to main content

Olympic Plumbing Technology - Plumbing Services FAQ

Don't mess with the rest, OPT for the best!

Should I use over-the-counter chemical products to unclog my drain?

Most drain cleaners are formulated with harsh chemicals. These chemicals can actually damage your pipes, particularly if used periodically. Their use can lead the leaks and the erosion of your pipes. While many property owners feel comfortable unclogging or disassembling p-traps beneath kitchen and bathroom sinks, it’s best to contact a plumbing repair professional to unclog your drain.

Is there a way to prevent clogs?

Many sink and drain clogs can be prevented, particularly those associated with your kitchen sink and tub drain. Be sure to use mesh drain protectors to prevent food items or hair from entering your pipes. Never pour grease down your drains either.

How can I prevent tree roots from blocking my sewer line?

When tree roots get into your sewer line, it can cause water backup in your home. If tree roots have gotten into the line before, it’s best to contact our plumbing services for annual sewer main snaking. We have specialized equipment to cut through tree roots to keep your lines running blockage free.

How do I unclog a toilet?

In many cases, you can unclog a toilet without professional plumbing help. First, try a plunger to clear the clog. If that doesn’t work, a specialized toilet auger (available at hardware and home improvement stores) can typically unclog a toilet. If these two methods don’t work, then it’s best to call for plumbing repair service.

What can I do about low water pressure?

If your water pressure suddenly becomes low, you may have a crimped water line or your shutoff valve could be malfunctioning. It’s also possible that mineral buildup has led to reduced water pressure. You can contact us to investigate the problem and provide you with the ideal solution.

Why is my toilet running?

A running toilet can cause your water bill to increase not to mention cause a big waste in water. Often, the culprit of this issue is a malfunctioning flapper valve. This is typically an easy fix for a homeowner. You can purchase a kit at your local home improvement center and follow its installation directions.

What should I do if my water heater stops working?

A water heater can go out for many different reasons. Usually, if the problem is that the pilot light went out, a homeowner can relight it. On the other hand, if that’s not the issue, it’s best to contact a plumbing contractor to troubleshoot the problem and recommend the ideal solution.

My pipe is leaking. What should I do?

Leaky pipes are a common problem, but they can lead to serious water damage. If you see a visible water leak, contact our plumbing service for help. You may need a simple pipe replacement or a new valve. If you suspect that a pipe is leaking but can’t see it, you can also contact us. We have tools and techniques to locate leaks in pipes located behind walls and under flooring.

Should I fix a faucet leak myself?

Often, homeowners can fix faucet leaks on their own. Corroded gaskets, valve seats, and o-rings can cause a leaky faucet. With some common household tools, you can disassemble the components of your sink to remove any mineral deposits. Once cleaned, put your faucet back together and it should work leak free. If it does, you can contact us to troubleshoot the problem. If your faucet is old, it might be time for a replacement or replacement parts.

Why do my pipes rattle when I run water?

Often, the reason for rattling pipes is because the lines are not properly secured. We can secure them so that you no longer hear rattling.

When do I need sewer camera inspection?

A sewer camera inspection is an efficient way to determine why you have water backing up from drains or a slow drain. Sometimes the problem is due to tree roots. However, you may have a broken pipe or something that got caught in the line and is causing a blockage. We can diagnose the problem using a sewer camera in order to recommend the ideal fix.

What services does Olympic Plumbing Technology offer?

We offer sewer line repair, water heater repair and replacement, gas line installation, emergency plumbing services for simple or complex plumbing issues.
What areas do you service?
We are proud to provide plumbing services to the following areas:

  • Olympia, WA
  • South Sound, WA
  • Lacey, WA
  • Pierce, WA
  • Tacoma, WA
  • Shelton, WA
  • Tumawater, WA
  • Mason,WA
  • South King County

Whether you need to install a new boiler or shower in your home, Olympic Plumbing Technology is the company for you. To find out more about who we are and what makes Olympic Plumbing Technology the best in town, contact us today at (360) 515-3231.

Whether you need to install a new boiler or shower in your home, Olympic Plumbing Technology is the company for you. To find out more about who we are and what makes Olympic Plumbing Technology the best in town, contact us today at (360) 515-3231.